Use Proper Packaging MaterialPackaging material is the main shield for your fragile items. If not used properly, you risk experiencing breakage. Sufficient materials include, newspaper, packaging sheets, bubble wrap and extra cardboard. Have plenty of quality boxes in a variety of sizes. Only use sturdy packaging tape to close your boxes.
LabelIt is imperative that you write "FRAGILE" on all boxes. Make sure it is easily noticeable.
Most Common ItemsBelow are tips for the most common fragile items that people choose to store.
Always wrap glasses individually. Surround with packaging paper then add extra in the large open areas. Use small or medium boxes and add extra layers of paper on the top and bottom of each box. Remember to load the heaviest items on the bottom.
Each plate should be wrapped in bubble wrap. In addition, store vertically in small to medium boxes. Once again, add extra protection on the top and bottom of each box. Consider purchasing dish packaging boxes when possible.
If you have smaller items, it is best to pack each separately in a small box. Wrap the item in bubble wrap before placing in the box. Then move the small boxes in a larger one.
Correctly packing fragile items is necessary to avoid damage. Use the above tips during your next packing session. For more on different storage options, call us at 587-764-0119.
Come visit us at 50 Elliot Street in Sturgeon County and check out our state of the art facility.
Our Recent Posts
- Why Self Storage Is A Great Option For Business Owners In Edmonton and Surrounding Communities?
- 2 Benefits of Using Self Storage for Your Dorm Room Amenities
- Preparing Furniture for Self Storage
- Top Questions to Ask Your Edmonton Self Storage Company
- Look for Security and Lighting in Self Storage
Goodbye, Summer! Packing Up the Garden With Self Storage
- 9 Tips To Pack the Perfect Storage Unit
- Self Storage Tips to Re-Organize Your Closet
- Tips for Packing Fragile Items
- St. Albert’s Storage Facility