- It is important to have a plan and think logically when organizing your unit. If you have items you will need regularly, make sure you pack them towards the front. This will avoid having to remove unnecessary items from your unit.
- Consider adding shelving to your unit. Adding shelving allows you to use the additional wall space in your unit. This also avoids stacking too many boxes on top of each other.
- Create a walkway down the center of the unit. This allows you to easily find your belongings. If you have a larger unit consider multiple walkways.
- Store couches on the ends.
- Fill the outer walls first. This avoids wasting space and keeps the storing process running smoothly.
- Make sure all boxes are closed and taped securely. Avoid overfilling boxes, which could cause tipping.
- Use mattress covers, furniture covers or bed sheets to prevent dust and dirt. Confirm that all of your boxes are clearly labeled on multiple sides. In addition, mark boxes that contain fragile contents.
- Use vertical space when storing large items. This includes, dressers, couches and beds. The more upright space you use, the better.
The above tips will make your storage unit in St. Albert easily accessible and functional. It is important to take the time to pack your unit to avoid headaches when searching for your belongings.
For more information on storage units, contact us.
Our Recent Posts
- Why Self Storage Is A Great Option For Business Owners In Edmonton and Surrounding Communities?
- 2 Benefits of Using Self Storage for Your Dorm Room Amenities
- Preparing Furniture for Self Storage
- Top Questions to Ask Your Edmonton Self Storage Company
- Look for Security and Lighting in Self Storage
Goodbye, Summer! Packing Up the Garden With Self Storage
- 9 Tips To Pack the Perfect Storage Unit
- Self Storage Tips to Re-Organize Your Closet
- Tips for Packing Fragile Items
- St. Albert’s Storage Facility